Wednesday 26 February 2014

Hokey pokey!

Vaccinations are always hard....

I remember the absolute first poke bumling got was the day after he was born... I didn't have the heart(or physical energy) to go with him... So my mum in law and brother went with him... They said he howled poor thing :(

The first poke I went for... I had tears in my eyes... Despite having taken a poke everyday for 8.5 months.. Despite being 30 years old... The thought that my little baby boy was going to get hurt (yes I know it's a tiny little poke ... But have you seen how tiny these babies are?!!) it was too much to handle , for me!! Even his pediatrician couldn't stop laughing at me

But when she did poke his little thigh, twice mind you, he cried sooooo much that all I could do was hold him close to me... Of course he was absolutley fine before we even left the hospital!! 

Since then in the last year he has got about seven pokes I think.. Each time I was braver as was he.... 

For the last three months he didn't have any vaccinations... I had to take him post his birthday... 

Now when he was really small he wouldn't wriggle as much and he had no idea what was coming so the bawling only happened once the poke happened... 

Not this time... This time as soon as I put him on the table he knew... Oh how he knew... A small frown a big pout and next thing I know he has tears in his eyes and a look of complete and utter betrayal!!! 

By the time the poor doc came with the needle our man was howling... And squirming so much it took me and a nurse and the doc to pin him down... 

He cried and he cried.... As soon as it was done I picked him and took him out of the room to distract him.. Luckily this hospital has some cute young nurses who totally cooed and flirted with him enough to make him smile again..,

But as soon as he saw his doc the big pout and frown came out again!! The poor doc... I'm sure all kids come to her laughing and smiling and leave frowning and pouting!!! 

I was talking to her and she said it's going to get all the more tough as he gets older.. Now he has started realising that something not so good is about to happen and starts reacting to it... 

Oh God... Help me!! Being such a scaredy cat myself... How am I going to get thru the remaining vaccinations !!! 

Well I guess that's why we have Aadi!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment