Saturday 8 February 2014

Dear Single Friends....!

Dear Single friends... 

I may, over the course of the next year or two or ten maybe...

Hang up mid conversation....

Not reply on whatsapp...while we were right in the middle of some major gossip session...

Not reply to your email...

Not comment or like your photographs....

Not be able to fully concentrate on your conversation about your new job or boy...

Not be able to chill over a drink....

Not be able to come out at eleven thirty to start partying....

Not be able to go for random coffee dates and shopping sprees...

Yes I might talk a bit too much about my baby...I know the conversations about what he did all day (namely smiling and goo goo and ga ga-ing) may not be entirely of interest to you.. Especially talking about his full diaper!!! It's icky but it's part of a 'normal' conversation for me now...

Having a baby has completly changed my everyday... My mornings, my nights, my work, my choice of drinks, my choice of what to do in my free time....

Drinking all night and partying all night aren't necessarily part of my every weekend ... But I still enjoy going out dancing and drinking just enough to not get home staggering at a odd hour.... 

And while I am out I may call home twice or thrice (and secretly SMS a couple of times) back home to check on him... 

I may even miss him so much I'll start watching his videos on my phone!!

I may choose buying baby stuff over fancy shoes... But that doesn't mean I don't like window shopping as much as the next girl... Or  I may just choose to sleep rather than even go shopping...

But that doesn't mean I have become 'boring' I just choose to do things differently..and that doesn't take away from the fact that I still enjoy having fun...

So let's make a deal... I'll start talking less of the baby when we meet up when you stop making me feel like a 'Oh now she's a mother' type ... 

Because sometimes I feel a bit too overwhelmed suddenly with the responsibilities of a little person... I feel like I'm too young In my head.. Too immature too in prepared...That I hardly need someone pointing it out all the time... 

New jobs new careers new boyfriends ... I've experienced that.. And it's great... Being single and partying every weekend... Done that and loved that... But being a mum... Having a little bumling dependant on me.. That's new.. And scary... 

And I need every cell in my body, every nerve, every muscle tuned in to his needs so that I dont screw up... So forgive me if I'm not your girly girl friend for sometime.. 

Feel free to join me in my fun journey ... But do understand if I take a small break from yours for now :) because I guarantee you, when you get your very own bumling.... You'll know exactly what I'm talking about and you will be glad to have me as your friend then!!! Ha ha ha!!




So much love...





4 comments:

  1. Its ok.. We understand. Secretly, we are happy to get rid of you from our social lives as well :P Honestly, its not you we want to hang out with anyway anymore, its the cute little bumbling we enjoy! You are just someone we tolerate in order to gain access to the little one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha so funny!!!! as long as you remember i will always be the in-between!!!

      Delete
  2. i totally second that.. we come to meet you because we want to meet little siddie - don't we :)

    ReplyDelete