Sunday 27 October 2013

Feeling needed?

I'm not sure if it's the best or worst thing of being a mother but here it is: that feeling of being needed by someone all the time. It's such a high! 

When I walk into a room and I see bumling's eyes light up and a small cry followed by a big smile.... 

When he wakes from his sleep and looks around for me...

When he finishes his shower and I pick him up....

When I bring his food to him and he opens his mouth.... Big round eyes looking up at me....

Each and every time, each and everything I know he needs me for. Changing him, cleaning him, feeding him, putting him to sleep, kissing all boo boos away, hugging him when he's woken in the middle of the night.... He needs me... 

And that feeling makes me feel special. 

Knowing that you're the only one who can make him feel secure, the only one who can make him stop crying, who can put him to sleep in minutes... Small things but they make you feel like a supermom!! 

I think this is one of the reasons women are very happy to have more kids.. Once the older one outgrows this need , they miss it so much, they want another one to be dependent on them.

It is also the reason, when the kid turns fifteen and wants his space, that there are fights or feelings of abandonment from the mother's side... 

So while it feels great when they are little it's very important to not live on that high of having someone so dependent on you that later you feel lost. 

Do for your kids, wholeheartedly, but know that one day his need for you for these small things, silly things, will be gone. 

He will grow up to be his own person, but up until then... Enjoy that little bumling's complete and utter dependence on you!!! Ha ha!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment