Friday 8 May 2015

Big change!

So I've been missing in action.. Again...!! I remember I had a friend who would tell me I go into hibernation every once in a while.. And I do....every once in awhile I do need a little time off ... From people from my blogs from all the social platform that I am on.... From everything!!! 

But this time I've been out of it because we made a huge shift in our lives... 

I think once every two years you should do something that majorly changes your life... Be it changing your job, your house, your city, having a baby anything... Just something that flips things around for you...

What we did was we changed our home... With the pudding now we needed more space... So mum, Aadi, bumling and I have taken a bigger home and we are loving it!!! 

The actual process of the shift was mental because everything happened pretty much overnight... One weekend we saw the place .. We all loved it.. By the next weekend we had signed all our papers and by the weekend after that we had shifted everything...and inside a week we had settled happily into our new home... 

And what a lovely home... It's nice and big and hey it has a dining table!! Something mum and Aadi always wanted.. I'm a big TV dinner person.. But to be honest it's nice sitting around a table talking.. Bumling is learning to eat on his own so he watches us and is picking it up so quick... 

But my favorite part is that there are a bunch of kids in the building... My biggest problem with the older building was that there were no kids... And no real space to play in the compound.... That meant taking him to the park was a must... 

Now going to the park is quite a task... Starting from making sure he's slept, he's eaten, pack toys and water and food and settle him in the car, drive to the park... Play for a long time and drive back... 

Too much.... 

Now, not only can I send him down to play, the park is actually walking distance.... Well ok not for me but for most people... I'm so lazy I'll still take the car!!!!! 

But back to the building kids... The first day I took him down I was so worried... All my anti social fears came into play..   What if the kids don't like him.. What if they don't say hi to him... He's such a sensitive little kid his heart will break... 

So I took his tricycle down so that at least he would have something to do... But as luck would have it... In a few minutes the boys, eight nine years olds, came up to him.. 

Said 'hey what's up.. Wanna play football...'

Football... Football.. My little two year old who has no concept of it was happily kicking the ball around!!! And the sweet heart kids that they were, were cheering him on!!! He kept looking at me with this super thrilled smile .. 

Like ' look ma I have friends!!'

It was unreal... Then they got a bat and ball and made him play cricket... They also teased him for staring at a little two year old girl... It was hilarious!!! 

And I just sat there with my feet up enjoying every minute of it.. Because more than anything in the world I want siddy to have fun.. To have friends... To be social... Unlike me.. 

The next day I went down I still thought, what if they were just nice yesterday because we were new and today they just ignore him... But nope! They were so happy to see him and him them!!! I mean sure, I'm officially an Aunty now, but well!!

Best part was I met a few of their mums.. And next thing I know Aadi and me are having drinks with them in the evening!! 

So ya... A huge change can seriously impact your life... And for now.. We are quite happy with ours!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment