Thursday 21 August 2014

Juggler mommy!

I remember once saying that with a baby in the house the house members turn into members from a circus!! 

Well today i realised that a mommy's role is to be a juggler...!

Today at lunch.. I ate with one hand while my other was initially holding the bumling back from getting his little fingers into my plate and later it was used as his plate, since he had put a bunch of rice in it and was eating from it... 

It was one of my most difficult meals!! 

I have had similar moments when I have tried to do several things at one go...

Making him wear his clothes while giving him some powder in his hand to keep him distracted while making sure he doesn't trip on his towel and off the bed...

Slyly putting away the box of chips with one had while handing him the biscuit box with the other all the while twisting so as to keep the fridge door closed with my bum!!! 

Stuffing his mouth with food while checking my phone for updates on facebook while making funny sounds and talking non stop about the trucks and buses on the road without even looking at them!!! These are the most fun!!!

Putting him to sleep, giving him his milk and twisting my other arm so I can check my phone without the light bothering him....

Cooking in the kitchen (which in itself it a stand alone juggling act) while making sure he doesn't have access to anything sharp on the platform... While giving into his every demand of 'water' ' there tree' pointing to one one utensil at a time to play with....

Somedays it's fun.. Somedays you want to throw all the balls up in the air and walk away... 

Those days you gotta smile like he clown at the circus... ! 

Because letting it get to you, and I have experienced that, and if you have my temper, can be a pretty bad combination of an emotion....!!

So now while I juggle I do so knowing that he is never going to let up... So I may as well!!! 

Let me know how you juggle your lives?!!! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment