Thursday 12 June 2014

Missing him..

Post my Jaipur trip I had a lot of catching up to do at work... Which got further postponed since I was busy celebrating my hubby's birthday for two days!! 

So when my mum said she wanted to take the little bumling to his mamu and mami's place for the day I was kinda happy... 

A day when I can do it all... Work blog maybe catch an afternoon nap... Yayie!!!!

So I happily gave my blessing and packed my mother and baby off...

Except for some reason I stood at the window watching the car roll out of the building and saw his little arms as he tried to stand looking out the back of the car and my heart crunched....

Yes crunched... Scrunched squeezed twisted and finally crumbled... My little baby was gone...

But I had lots to do... So I pulled my work table in the center of the room.. Surrounded myself with all my crafty things and got to work.... 

Then my sister in law sent me a picture of him and my brother lounging and laughing and there started the crunching of the heart again... It was almost stupid.. I was missing him... In about two or maybe three hours of him being away and I was missing him. 

No no.. This won't do .. Get back to work.. I got on to Pinterest for some distraction and some inspiration... 

When I couldn't take it any more I called my mum... What time you coming back... By six she said..

Ok back to work..

Around 5:30 I took a break for coffee.. Well work wasn't happening really anyhow so you could hardly call it a break!! 

I sat with my cup and box of biscuits and I really expected him to come out of no where demanding a biscuit like he always does... But nope... That's ok in half and hour he will be here... 

6:20 no mum no siddy.. I call to find out,  they are still there.. And we live an hour away...oh my god... This is just super sucky... Going to try getting back to work... 

But not before watching a few of his videos on my phone!! How Aadi? how did you spend so many days away from him? It's the worst feeling in the world...

I almost felt like I was over reacting maybe... But honestly I was just missing him so much .... It's funny and odd really.. And totally not what I was expecting... I was expecting to feel relieved happy even to get this break... All the time I am complaining that I never get a break, here was my chance... And I blew it by spending the whole day thinking about him!

Finally at 8:30 they walk in... He's sleepy and rubbing his eyes... But I pick him and hug him like we've been apart for days months even!!!  

This little thing as annoying and time consuming as he is, he is a very big part of me... Not my life... Of me... Literally... It was like spending the whole day without a part of me which I needed like my arm or leg.... Actually more like my heart! 



No comments:

Post a Comment