Saturday 7 June 2014

Midnight playtime!

Have you ever seen a baby yawn.... Nothing is cuter.... And nothing can make you go 'awwwwww' at 3:30 in the morning more than his yawn!!

So last night I'm not very sure why... Considering he got his usual sleep at pretty much his usual time in the afternoon... But he woke up around 12:30 in the night and was wide awake till 3:30 in the morning...

Remember my post on sleep... Or rather the lack of it..? Well that was mainly about my afternoon sleep.. That sleeps like a cake walk compared to not sleeping at night...

What was worse was I was really exhausted... I had spent the day cleaning all my cupboards and packing my suitcase as well (I'm in Jaipur and leaving for Bombay tomorrow) ... So yup... Super exhaustion = super sleepy....

At first when his eyes opened I thought it was just a short time thing... You know he'll roll around in bed and go right back to sleep... But after about half an hour that didn't seem to be the case... So I assumed he was still hungry since he hadn't finished his milk... I quickly set him up in bed and gave him his bottle... He pushed it away and started laughing....so cutely I started laughing!!!!

And that was it.. He was officially up...

For the next three hours it could have been any three hours during the day... He played with his cars... He read his book.. He tore my magazine... He opened his cupboard and removed every bottle from it, put them on the bed took them back again about twenty times.... He walked around the bed... Sneakily tried to put on and off some switches he knows he isn't supposed to touch... 

While I struggled as hell to keep awake... So much so I put on baby tv just so the music would keep me up.. At one point I went and splashed water on my face because I needed to be alert.... I kept trying to give him milk thinking that would make him sleep... But it didn't work so finally I just played some stupid word game on my phone while he did his own thing... 

Till finally at 3:15 he started rubbing his eyes and he 'yawned' ... That super cute super adorable little yawn with his small lips going all round!!!! 

I picked him up kissed him and hugged him... Put him on his pillow and have him his milk.... 

And slowly... Still fighting... He went to sleep.....!!! 

As did I!!



Ps: the home electricity went out at 5:00 in the morning so we both woke up.. They came back in half and hour.. So we knocked back out only to wake up again at 8:45 when they went out again!!! Sleep was clearly not on the agenda for that night!!! 

But tonight... It's 12:15 as I write this and he has knocked out.. So will I in the hope that he doesn't wake up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment