Monday 26 October 2015

The only thing you need to know before you have a kid!

The only thing I really wish I had known before I had a kid... Was just how much you could possibly love something... 

I mean seriously.. It's no rocket science that babies give you sleepless nights, dark circles breaking backs... Takes away your social life almost completely ya di da di da.... 

But just the sight of that little face scrunched up in pain or a single (almost always fake) tear rolling down that soft cheek would wreck your heart ... Why does no one tell you that? 

Recently I've been reading all these posts " ten things I wish someone had told me before I had my baby" " fifty things to know before your baby comes" 

Hello...

There is seriously nothing anyone can say that can prepare you for that kind of love that just takes over all your senses!! 

The rest... The practical things are just that.. Practical things...  

How to sleep your baby, wrap your baby wean your baby... How to keep your toddler active all day or how to keep in quite at "quite time" ...

Every kid is different.. What works for one will not work for another... Trust me... Some babies will sleep thru the night some just won't... Some are happy with one toy some have ADD at one!!! 

You learn on the job... You figure it out... Sure a few guidelines are always good... But stick to the basics.. The absolute necessities... 

Because everyday new types of parenting are introduced... And each one is just some persons way to doing it really..

So my two bits- the only thing you need to k ow before you have a baby.. Is to know that from that moment on of holding that little thing in your arms is the moment you will feel infinite happiness and infinite feelings of protection and love towards that tiny tot... And nothing can ever make you feel like that again.... 

So have one only if you are prepared to feel that kind of intense feeling!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment