Sunday 26 July 2015

Yes I am his 24/7

So someone recently asked me if now my 24/7 was my son...

Hmmmmmmmm

Wait let me think about that...

I was pregnant for nine months, had a baby who's only connection to this world is me (and his dad of course), he slept on me for three months, fed on milk coming out of my breasts when he was an infant, he pooped and peed on me, 

Even today he needs me to feed him, play with him, look after him.. Teach him, love him... 

When he cries he gets comforted in my arms... When he falls he calls out to me...
When he's sleepy he curls up to me...

I made him.. I got him into this world... He's a part of my husband and me... He's more than just my 'family' he's a culmination of our love for each other... 

And he's just two years old... He just about talks...just about manages to eat on his own... Has just about started making friends in school and in the building... 

He still can't bathe himself.. Can't change his clothes can't tie his shoelaces... He can't make his own food... He can't drive himself anywhere...  

There is a whole lot he still can't do... But he isn't my 24/7 I am his... 

And that's the things most people don't get about a mother... 

I have other things to do in my life... I work... I meet my friends... I have hobbies.. I go out with my husband.. I keep in touch with my family... I party ... I eat out.. I watch movies in theatres... I paint I draw I sketch I stitch, I cook somedays...I read I daydream... I am addicted to my TV and phone... 

I do everything most people do.. But to my son everyday 24/7 I am just his mum. 

I could be doing anything in the world, but when he needs me I am there for him..

But people, especially without kids, will never get this...

A woman who has a kid, and mostly one who isn't working at a 9-5 job or maybe even then, is only looked at as a mom, like its a bad thing.. Or more like, like its a menial thing.. A boring stay at home cleaning poop all the time thing. 

I can't wait for these guys to have kids. 


No comments:

Post a Comment