Saturday 28 March 2015

Losing it...

It's so easy to lose it.

It takes that one wiggling around session while changing his clothes....

One tantrum in the bathroom to play in the water when he's late for school or when your back is hurting like mad... 

One fight to eat the last bite of his meal, when you've been sitting for an hour now...

It takes that one second of loosing it to want to give him that one tight spank on his bum... And release the pressure that's building up inside you with the frustration of trying to get the basics done... Basics... Eating drinking showering ... Simple tasks become an effort with them some days...

Some days you're just too tired running behind him... Too frustrated and exhausted... And normally if any person, an older person were driving you that much up the wall .. You would either whack them or just leave the room... 

But with a toddler, with your own kid you can't really do either... And so the frustration actually is that much more.. Because you can't release it... 

Of course I've given him a spank or two.. And regretted it instantly... But it's tough sometimes to have THAT much patience... 

It's tough to really be the bigger person and drop the anger... 

And what's worse is for some reason... Those days the hits will just keep coming... Because more often than not the kid is throwing a tantrum not because he is enjoying it.. But because something is bugging him... 

It could be that he is hungry or uncomfortable in his tummy .. He could be sleepy and fighting it... He could be too hot or too cold... And till you don't fix that problem he will keep reacting badly to everything...

So the real trick is to take a deep breath and start trying to gauge what could be bothering him instead of letting him bother you...

And the days where it looks like he's just enjoying it, because there are some days when he will throw a tantrum and laugh in your face, what works for me is to leave the room...

I tried 'punishing' him by making him stand in th corner of the room without any toys.. After the first few times it became a joke... 

He would throw a toy or a remote and I would shout ' very bad siddy' or 'what did you do siddy?'

And he would laugh and say 'go to corner of room' and run to the door and tune back to smile his sheepish smile at us... So that punishment went out the window...

Then I tried making an angry face and big eyes and saying ' Mumma very angry, Mumma is not going to talk to siddy' 

And turn my face away from him...

That just ended up with the worlds biggest sucking up toddler rolling all over me being ridiculously adorable.... !!! 

He's still too small I think to understand for sure everytime that what he has done is wrong, but there are times he does... And those times the sucky uppy kid comes out majorly... 

So what do we do? 

What do we do where we don't release our pressure by spanking that bum... The easiest option becaus after all he's just a kid and you're a mum so it's justified... Apparently. 

What do we do that makes us calmer and not more frustrated... I don't know.. This ain't one of those posts where there is a solution... It's one that probably has helped me release a bit of my pressure for today though...

So maybe that's the solution.. To distract your mind from him and the tantrum... Maybe if you have help hand him over to another person... And go take a breather. 

To end this on a lighter note... Here is my first spanking him story...

So we were in Jaipur and I was washing his bum in mom dad's sink ( why sink you ask.. Long story) anyway... So he was squirming and twisting and dancing a lot.. And there was water on the counter and his feet kept slipping, add to that the potty in the bum and now on my hand trying to rinse it off..

I kept saying 'siddy stand still you'll fall' 'siddy stop moving you'll get hurt' 

But no.. More squirming more dancing.. More Mumma loosing her mind... And so finally I gave him one tight slap on the bum... He froze... Looked at me heartbroken ... 

'Mumma did you hit Siddhant?' To his credit he didn't cry...

My turn to be heartbroken.. ! I mean which kid says that? 

I took a deep breath and said 'yes siddy because you were not stopping to move and Mumma has to finish washing your bum' 

He's quiet for a few seconds.. I finish up cleaning that adorable bum.. And I'm about to pick him up and he says 

'Why Mumma hit siddy?' Looking at me with those big big eyes...

Awwwww man full on heart wrencher....

I hugged him and said sorry like a million times while kissing him.... 

These kids I tell ya!!! They can frustrate you and make your heart melt in seconds!!!



Found this on Pinterest just after I was done writing this article... How apt!!



No comments:

Post a Comment