Tuesday 3 March 2015

Being away ...

The last time I was away from siddy was when I went on my first vacation post having him...to Goa! 

Before the trip I went from sheer happiness with the idea of chilling on a beach sipping beer with the hubby to already missing the cuteness of that baby bum...

I thought i would be a big fat mess there... Sitting in the corner, watching his videos, while everyone else partied... But nope.. I was quite well behaved!!! 

It was a perfectly timed trip... Three days and back on the fourth... So it was basically a before-you-miss-him-you're-back kind of a thing...

And honestly, Goa, that trip, was a blast.. Aadi and me on a scooter, cruising thru those tiny lanes... Lounging on beaches that seemed untouched by people... A good amount of alcohol and music... And some of the best food I have ever eaten... Say what you want it's impossible to have a trip like that with a baby bag...!!! 

Then of course comes our sixth wedding anniversary over this last weekend... So my mum decided to give Aadi and me the whole weekend off and packed off the bumling and took him to Pune to my masi's place to see her mum. 

Gone Saturday back Monday night... 

Saturday I had my exhibition and Aadi had meetings in Delhi as well.. So we actually mainly had sunday which was the day of our anniversary... 

And what an anniversary... A fantastic brunch at cafe Zoe... The absolutely mental movie the kingsman with Mr Darcy... And mixed pakoras by the sea at otters... Couldn't have asked for more... 

Monday I had decided to get all my cleaning done... Before the monster was back... 

And then I get that call... 

"We can't come today because Akshai isn't well and the car can't come get us.. We'll see you tomorrow... Lalalalaala bye bye" 

Wait what??? 

You want to keep siddy there for one more day.. I have one more day to myself... 

Did I jump for joy you ask? 

Nope. 

I was so upset.... I don't know why.. But this whole unplanned one more day thing just wasn't sitting well with me... 

Do you know how quite a house can get without that chatter box? 

Do you know how sad those stuffed toys look? 

Or how much dust the cars have caught because no ones played with them? 

Do you know that all I did Monday evening was sit with my phone watching videos of my monkey?

It's unreal how much I missed him suddenly..

You wait and wait for an empty house thinking " ah now I can just put my feet up and watch TV all day" and you  can for about two hours... Post that it just all seems too quiet. 

So here I am typing away in the auto on my way to bandra... To pick him up.. So that I don't have to wait that extra hour it takes from bandra to home!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment