Tuesday 10 February 2015

Turning two

So siddy turned two this week....

Two...

Two years old... 

I've held no job for that long... And I have done about 14 different things in my life... 

The longest period I worked in one office was eight months... 

But I've held this one for two years! 

It seems unreal.. I mean wasn't he just born? Wasn't I just pregnant? Weren't me and Aadi just vacationing in Bali without a care in the world? 

Where did these two years go by... And how did my bumling, my little dot become this walking talking (read : non stop jabbering!!) boy? 

A baby who couldn't roll over now runs in the opposite direction from me everytime I get his medicines...

A baby who would sleep on me every night now passes out on his own... 

He was so dependent on me for everything... And now my god he's actually become his own person... He knows what he wants, what he doesn't want.. And asks for it 

It's crazy! 

Two years ago this week I knew I was going to deliver on 22nd feb... It was a date I had picked... So there was no dramatic waiting for my water to break and all of that..

By now my stomach was massive... I felt like I was carrying a sack of stones... That kicked!!! 

But also by now the pudding and I had bonded.. I would sing to him talk to him and he would react to me... A little roll over, a little nudge... 

He loved sitting on the right side of my tummy...making it lopsided! 

I loved my pregnancy... I enjoyed it even... Not so much the first three months of throwing up or the daily injections for the full term... But these things... The bonding things I enjoyed ...

I couldn't wait for this pudding to come... I remember being scared of the usual things like will I be a good mum? Will I know what to do ? Will I be able to love him like crazy? 

And today I look at my two year old monster and think I did ok... Heck I did good...

He's healthy,he's happy, he's waking talking all ok... He's affectionate as hell.. He goes to anyone, talks to anyone... He eats most things, he sleeps thru the night and has his milk on time... 

I have managed to start working, and he lets me work most times... 

We've found our groove siddy and me... And all those fears I had before he came.. While normal, are irrelevant I think today.. Because no matter what I did or how I did it.. I think a girl just knows how to bring up and look after her baby the second he is born.... 

It's just natural...

So here we are two years down the line reminiscing about the beginning of this journey... And I've realised that every year, as he gets older, I want to be sure to have every memory, every funny story, sad story, every thing recorded... Because before I know it this little baby of mine is going to become a boy, a guy, a man.... 

But seriously for me this is how I will love him the most.... This two year old mental highly energised crazy kook of a kid! 



No comments:

Post a Comment